Tiger Nation get ready, it’s football season in Texas and that means Homecoming time. Jacksboro’s annual Homecoming festivities are scheduled to start today. You will be seeing floats, tractors, decorated cars & trucks hitting the streets around lunch time. Be aware of road closings around the square and watch out for all those little children waiting to catch some candy. Have Fun and Be Safe Tiger Fans!!
- 12:00 noon – Early dismissal for all students and staff at JISD
- 1:00 p.m. – Parade (This year’s theme is “Oh The Places You Will Go.” Any class or organization wanting to enter a car, float, trailer, etc. in the parade should contact Dr. Liz Spears at 940-567-7204 ext. 339 or email email@example.com. All entries must be in place by 12:30 pm.
- 2:00 p.m. – Homecoming Princess and Queen Coronation at the High School Gym.
2018 JHS Homecoming Nominees:
Freshman Class: Litzy Flores, Tradyn Reynolds, Autumn Romines, & Olivia Staley;
Sophomore Class: Taylor Gunter, Hadlee Richardson, Rhett Rollins, & Kennedy Swan;
Junior Class: Harlie Holder, Lexi Little, Daylan Moore, & Madison Truex;
Senior Class: Candice Bell, Alexis Callan, Jordan Nichols, & Trinity Tisdale;
Clubs & Organizations: Lexi Oliver (Art Club), Carly Hart (NHS), Maylan Armstrong (BETA), Tiffany Wampler (FCCLA), Lisa Rivera (Spanish Club), Alyssa Green (Science Club), Kianna Wilson (FANG), Angel Bridges (Band), April Calvin (Drama Club), Leah Plaster (Girls Athletics), Alyssa Keith (Cheerleaders), & Destiny Thompson (AVID).
- 2:45 p.m. – Pep Rally in the gym
- Following the Pep Rally, a reception and book re-dedication will be held in the JHS Library honoring the memory of Mary Lorene Smith. Mrs. Smith was a member of the Class of 1930 and author of two Christian books, Who Am I, God and I’ve Got To Talk To Somebody, God. The books were originally placed in the library by the Class of 1930 in honor of their classmate. All JHS Ex’s are invited to attend this dedication.
- 4:00-7:00 p.m. – Junior Class Bar-B-Q Dinner in the High School Cafeteria. Tickets prices are $12.00 in advance and $14.00 at the door, you may dine-in or take out. Classes having reunions may reserve a table by contacting Beverly Solomon at 940-567-7204 ext. 306.
- 7:00 p.m. – Pre-game Ceremonies at Tiger Stadium. 2018 Homecoming Queen will be crowned and Class Princesses will be recognized. Coming Home King & Queen and Hall of Fame Inductee will also be honored.
- 7:30 p.m. – Kick off for Tiger Football game vs. Paradise Panthers.
On Saturday @ 10:00 a.m., The Jack County Museum will host Muffins and Memories. If you haven’t visited the Museum in a while we encourage you to stop by and take a tour. The museum will remain open until 4:00 p.m.
Saturday is looking to be just as busy for most around town as many classes have been planning for reunions.
Construction on the JISD Student/Teacher Memorial Courtyard is complete and a dedication ceremony is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Saturday. The courtyard is located at the rear of the Jacksboro High School. Everyone is invited to attend this ceremony, no RSVP needed.
For more information about JHS Homecoming contact the High School at 940-567-7204 or visit www.jacksboroisd.net.
For information about JHS Ex-Students Association contact Leslie Hicks Holman at firstname.lastname@example.org.