Weight Watchers will be welcoming new beginnings starting tonight at the First United Methodist Church. Set to be an informational gathering, the group will get together at 6pm to discuss the program that so many have found to be successful for learning about healthy eating and (of course) losing weight. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, statistics show that obesity in the US is growing at alarming rates. A study completed in 2010 showed that:
- More than 2 in 3 adults are considered to be overweight or obese.
- More than 1 in 3 adults are considered to be obese.
- More than 1 in 20 adults are considered to have extreme obesity.
- About one-third of children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 are considered to be overweight or obese.
- More than 1 in 6 children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 are considered to be obese.
Eating healthy, especially when paired with exercise, can help in controlling these issues.
Make plans to come and see what the program is about and how it can change lives!