In an unusual move, last week, many of the area schools made the decision to move their normal Friday night varsity games to Thursday, in an attempt to beat the bad weather that was predicted for the area. Forecasters had been calling for torrential rains to move in, on top of already saturated grounds. Districts made the call beginning Thursday morning to move the games. Three districts (Bryson, Paradise and Bowie) decided to “tough it out” and played on Friday.
Scores for week 10 are as follows:
- Boyd Yellowjackets lost to Breckenridge 49 to 7
- Mineral Wells Rams beat Burkburnett 29 to 21
- Chico Dragons defeated the Alvord Bulldogs 54 to 18
- Jacksboro Tigers lost to Cisco 50 to 7
- Decatur Eagles defeated Gainesville 56 to 13
- Bridgeport Bulldogs lost to Anna by a close score of 24 to 21
- Perrin Pirates defeated Ranger 47 to 6
- Bowie Jackrabbits defeated Ponder 46 to 7
- Paradise Panthers fell to Brock 66 to 7
- Bryson defeated Tioga 26 to 32
No changes have been announced for this weeks schedules at this time.